Bookshelf Tour Tag 2 (even though I haven't done the first one)

August 05, 2016

Firstly, I want to thank Heather for tagging me.

The Rules: 
You can only use books from your bookshelf to answer (Shoot...)

Include a book from your bookshelf or include pictures of your dream shelf.

Source
If you don't find this beautiful, then your loss. Ugh, I 'need' this or one that spells out GRACE.


Let's go!

A short but powerful book



The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Although I didn't actually like the book that much, I didn't hate it. I would read it again and again. Like many good books, the messages can still be applied to our daily lives.


A good, long book


The Help by Kathryn Stockett. This book was funny, sad, irritating, delightful (the description of the food *heart eyes*). I definitely don't recommend this for everyone. The writing is good, but the book is an acquired taste.


Favourite classic on my shelf


Interesting cover




To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. When I first heard about his book (I was thirteen), I did not want to read it because I thought it would be scary. Now it's one of my favourite books. Atticus is the only person I would call a role model. 



A relatively obscure book


Source


New Town Soul by Dermot Bolger. I studied this for my Leaving Cert This book creeps the heck out of me. The 'blood brothers' thing. Absolutely diabolical. Yet the book is weirdly intriguing.


An underrated book

Source

Geek Girl by Holly Smale. Obviously not the best book in the world, but still. Harriet can be annoying but she's still decent. It's absolutely hilarious. Now, I do prefer the second book but I don't have it. Sadly.



An overrated book



Source


Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney. When you're a kid, it's good. I bought it when I was a kid but still regret it. Not worth 9 euro, man.



Most reread book


Source


Frankie Foster by Jean Ure. Favourite kid's book as a kid and I still like it today. Very British and very brilliant.

A book you haven't read

Me Before You by JoJo Moyes.

A short story collection.

None.

Non fiction book

The Bible.

A copy of a book with an interesting story behind it


Source
Solitaire by Alice Oseman. I actually got this book in a giveaway this story isn't half as interesting as Heather's.

~

Hey guys. I'm back from my week of sluggishness. I have truly returned. If you have the urge to do this tag, then you may by all means do so. And make sure you include the link into your comment below.

PS: Do you guys like dark chocolate bars? They taste awful to me :(( Kinda burnt...




You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I used to love Jean Ure! I don't think I ever read that one you've got but I did read a LOT of her books. But yes dark chocolate = life. (Well. I would choose milk or white first. But dark too ...!)

    PS thank you for your various lovely comments on Ink, Inc.! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss. Jean Ure is pretty awesome, I agree.

      Yeah, I definitely prefer milk chocolate.

      Thanks for also commenting!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE DARK CHOCOLATE. JUST SAYING. I REALLY LOVE IT. SERIOUSLY.

    *coughs* Um, where were we? Ah, yes. I haven't actually read To Kill a Mockingbird (it's on my TBR) but I LOVED The Help and thought The Great Gatsby was alright. I wasn't 100% sure what was going on, so that may have contributed to it a little there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, why does everyone like dark chocolate :(( (not that that matters xDD)

      You gotta read To Kill a Mockingbird. It's gooood. Yeah, The Great Gatsby was definitely a confusing read :/

      Delete
  3. AHHH, that bookshelf is very cool. I need one that spells my name, lol.

    I have not read most of these, except The Bible and Diary of a Wimpy Kid (which I still find funny, but to each their own. ;) )

    AND DARK CHOCOLATE IS THE BEST!!!! <3 I love it. I really do.


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wish I had space (and enough books) for the bookshelf.

      Dark chocolate... :'/ xD

      Delete
  4. I totally get why that is your dream bookshelf. It looks gorgeous. Although I would have trouble organizing it. :P To Kill a Mockingbird is definitely one of my favorite classics, as well! :) I liked The Help, too, although some criticisms I've read of the story have been making me rethink my initial opinion on the story. Thanks so much for participating in the tag, Grace! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it might be hard to organise if there are no book separators? I forgot what they're called.

      To Kill a Mockingbird for the win! <3 And thank you!

      Delete
  5. The Great Gatsby is indeed a powerful book, even though I didn't like it much when I read it either. It's so full of meaning, and I could appreciate that even though I didn't like the characters or the way the story turned out. It's still definitely a good book.
    I haven't read The Help yet, but I plan too! (I really like the movie, I hope that doesn't make me evil as a bookworm.)
    I really liked To Kill a Mockingbird! That is so interesting that Atticus is the only person you would call a role model. Drawing from all the books you have ever read, he is the only one? I guess maybe I take different aspects of people that I think are good role model traits instead of necessarily taking them as a whole person, so I have more. For example I want to emulate Sydney Carton's sacrificial love for Charles and Lucy, not the lackadaisical life that led up to it.
    I haven't read the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series but I see it EVERYWHERE and there are SO MANY of them. It seems kind of ridiculous.
    Great post, I've enjoyed getting a glimpse of what you have on your bookshelves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to it. Personally, I need to re-read it.

      I guess the reason I chose him was because of my small collection of books at the time. I guess my answer will be a bit different now. Have mercy on my previous self! xD

      Yeah. It's ridiculous. And also the main character is kinda like a sociopath. So yeah...

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete

Keep it all clean, man. Well, if you really wanna curse, use minor swear words. And I mean the minorest of minor ones.

"Or what?" you ask in indignation.

"Or else."